• explain to me, please !

From Nicki makethings@makethingsn@gmail.com to comp.ai.philosophy on Fri Dec 15 11:24:12 2023
    From Newsgroup: comp.ai.philosophy

'Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today'
    should this mean I can't write in responses? or should I try choose another mediator to post for me instead?
    This is heart breaking for anybody who doesn't use social media, or an intellectual who has only one theory on mind. I think Google Groups has to be the only place some academics have kept to their subjects.
    I'm astonished & much pissed off if we can't use google groups.
    --- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
  • From Nicki makethings@makethingsn@gmail.com to comp.ai.philosophy on Fri Dec 15 12:21:50 2023

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 7:24:14 PM UTC, Nicki makethings wrote:
    'Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today'

should this mean I can't write in responses? or should I try choose another mediator to post for me instead?

This is heart breaking for anybody who doesn't use social media, or an intellectual who has only one theory on mind. I think Google Groups has to be the only place some academics have kept to their subjects.

Why not put the screen adverts back down the right side column as they used to be in the 1990's, better id advertising is a problem put them allllllll across the bottom of each screen. I understand that advertising could be a bit of an embarrassment when so many years have been devoted to free speech ie Google Groups, but what am I and people like me to do !
    Nic
  • From Nicki makethings@makethingsn@gmail.com to comp.ai.philosophy on Fri Dec 15 14:01:58 2023

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 8:21:52 PM UTC, Nicki makethings wrote:

Why not put the screen adverts back down the right side column as they used to be in the 1990's, better id advertising is a problem put them allllllll across the bottom of each screen. I understand that advertising could be a bit of an embarrassment when so many years have been devoted to free speech ie Google Groups, but what am I and people like me to do !

Nic
    where am I to go !
  • From Nicki makethings@makethingsn@gmail.com to comp.ai.philosophy on Sun Dec 24 11:32:43 2023

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 10:02:00 PM UTC, Nicki makethings wrote:
    On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 8:21:52 PM UTC, Nicki makethings wrote:

Nic
    where am I to go !
    This dataset is........What I want to say is, its becoming v. difficult to post online, so I think theres a worm in there, all I get is a 'Are you a robot' on my screen & I have to delete what I've posted. Shit.