• Unable to move mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's Mail app's local e-mail copies to local Mac's folders offline?

From ant@ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.com,comp.sys.mac.comm,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system on Fri Oct 23 00:45:45 2020
    From Newsgroup: comp.sys.mac.apps

Hello.

My client lost most (thousands) of his e-mails on his IMAP servers, but he still has most of them as local
    copies in his old 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP)'s mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's Mail app when I checked offline
    (no wifi connection for Internet). I tried to move his thousands e-mails to new local folders, but they
    didn't move at all. They get stuck at the first one. I am trying to save them before he uses his MBP's and
    to his iPhone 11 Pro Max's Mail apps online again. I am hoping I can put them back on his IMAP servers and
    iPhone with this method.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
    --
    Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19 & SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), heat (rays), interruptions, stresses, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc. D:
    Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
    /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.
    / /\ /\ \ Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
    | |o o| |
    \ _ /
    ( )
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Alan Baker@notonyourlife@no.no.no.no to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.com,comp.sys.mac.comm,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system on Thu Oct 22 22:50:28 2020

On 2020-10-22 10:45 p.m., Ant wrote:
    Hello.

My client lost most (thousands) of his e-mails on his IMAP servers, but he still has most of them as local
    copies in his old 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro (MBP)'s mac OS Mojave v10.14.6's Mail app when I checked offline
    (no wifi connection for Internet). I tried to move his thousands e-mails to new local folders, but they
    didn't move at all. They get stuck at the first one. I am trying to save them before he uses his MBP's and
    to his iPhone 11 Pro Max's Mail apps online again. I am hoping I can put them back on his IMAP servers and
    iPhone with this method.

Right-click: "Export Mailbox..."

Assuming that works, File menu: "Import Mailboxes..."
  • From ant@ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.com,comp.sys.mac.comm,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system on Fri Oct 23 01:12:41 2020

In comp.sys.mac.apps Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
    Hello.

iPhone with this method.

Wow, quick answer. I like! That worked. I have most of the local e-mails exported and imported. Now, I
    just need put them back into his IMAP servers and his iPhone which will take a while (all night?).

--
    Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19 & SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), heat (rays), interruptions, stresses, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc. D:
    Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
    | |o o| |
    \ _ /
    ( )
  • From Alan Baker@notonyourlife@no.no.no.no to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.com,comp.sys.mac.comm,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system on Thu Oct 22 23:17:17 2020

On 2020-10-22 11:12 p.m., Ant wrote:
    Hello.

iPhone with this method.

Wow, quick answer. I like! That worked. I have most of the local e-mails exported and imported. Now, I
    just need put them back into his IMAP servers and his iPhone which will take a while (all night?).

De nada.

<thumbsup>
  • From ant@ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.com,comp.sys.mac.comm,comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system on Fri Oct 23 01:31:01 2020

In comp.sys.mac.com Alan Baker <notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:
    Hello.

iPhone with this method.

De nada.

<thumbsup>

I just realized something. Is it possible to do the same with iTunes' local back up which is even more
    recent than his Mail in his MBP? I don't see a way to tell iTunes to restore ONLY Mail.
    --
    | |o o| |
    \ _ /
    ( )
  • From rmpbklyn@rmaniacnyc@gmail.com to comp.sys.mac.apps on Fri Oct 23 17:01:48 2020

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 2:31:08 AM UTC-4, Ant wrote:
    In comp.sys.mac.com Alan Baker <notony...@no.no.no.no> wrote:
    In comp.sys.mac.apps Alan Baker <notony...@no.no.no.no> wrote:
    Hello.

iPhone with this method.

De nada.

<thumbsup>
    I just realized something. Is it possible to do the same with iTunes' local back up which is even more
    recent than his Mail in his MBP? I don't see a way to tell iTunes to restore ONLY Mail.
    --
    | |o o| |
    \ _ /
    ( )

if mac , time machine will do that. if email connect to clound and it will upload if referring to email (files eg eml files).
    However, no need for imap account unless you used pop and DELETED then yes you need to reimport as others have said.
    If only been using imap no need to transfer it will be email server, if you dont see emails try a search becasue some apps only get headers of 200 at first