• Atari BBS NEWS!!

From Greg Goodwin@Greg.Goodwinp0.f2.n8.z8@fmlynet.org to alt.bbs.doors on Thu Dec 20 19:44:58 2007
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.doors

FamilyNet International Newsgate

The following is shared so that you can try out a new spectrum of Atari BBS door games!

---------------------

Some interesting BBS news... this is just to catch you up so that you can go into the BBS's without having to dig for this and can therefore just jump in....

1) Boot Factory - sysop Abdul
    (Atari 8-bit BBS, emulation, ATASCII option)
    Running well. Marius (of the fifth BBS to be mentioned here) mentioned thinking about selling his Atari equipment on the message base here. I really hope he didn't.

GAMES ON THE BOOT FACTORY
    1. Blackjack
    2. Rule Prometheus! (Kingdom)
    3. Pro-Zee
    4. Keno!
    5. Life Expectancy
    -. Coal Mines of Midlothian (Selectable from main menu ATASCII needed)

2) Inside The Atari 8 Bit - sysop Steve (Atari 8-bit BBS, Real equipment, ATASCII option) Up and going. Been a little activity on the first message base. The game menu does not seem to be active at this time. However this BBS is known for being possibly multi-channel, so you can have more than one user on at a time, and this is run on the real equipment. Good ANSI screens and menus too for the
    non-Atari user getting on this one.

3) Mousenet BBS
    (Atari 8-bit BBS, Real Equipment?, ATASCII option)
    "11-04-07 BBS Crash"
    "sh*t happens, the BBS was crashed the last days and killed all the Boardfiles and my Boot partition. The userist was not deleted. not I have installed an older Backup from 10-03-07 (only the Boardfiles on Partition 5)"
    When I checked the message base was not letting me post. So if someone could please let the sysop know if you know him.

MOUSENET has ATASCII cartoons and ASCII picture galleries.

4) Darkforces BBS
    (Atari ST BBS run on a Mega ST 2)
    UDS-10 (Serial to Ethernel adaptor) is down. Will be back up when a replacement comes.

DARKFORCES, when it comes back up, is a great ST BBS that has a variety of message areas, and many online games. More on this soon.

5) Atari 8-bit Inside - Sysop Marius (Atari 8-bit BBS run on the real hardware) See the first entry for the Boot Factory. Possibly down for good. :(

6) ST Guild BBS - Sysop Chuck B
    (ST BBS run on... ???)
    telnet://stguild-bbs.dydns.org/
    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:16:19 -0400, Chuck B wrote:
    I have had some problems with over the last few months. I and had to shut it down. But if you want I will put it back up right now!! I am going to see
    how things go for a month so give it a try.

Will have to see if he is willing to give this another go. Posted a message on the Atari ST newsgroups to see what the plans are. Hopefully Chuck will reply.

7) Closer To Home - Sysop Tom Hunt (Atari 8 bit BBS run under emulation, ATASCII option)

This long time BBS has been basically up for forever. It has spells where it is down while family uses the computer, so who knows on this one. There is a discussion about Tom Hunt's work at http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php? showtopic=101584&pid=1310240&st=0&#entry1310240

8 ) The Grove BBS
    (Atari ST BBS run under emulation.) Telnet://shadow.skeleton.org
    (Type BBS and then nothing for the password)

Just got on this BBS the other day, looks really promising.

Here are the games...
    1. Assassin
    2. Galactic Empire 2.41
    3. Final Frontier 1.53
    4. Space Trader Elite
    5. Mount NevereST Trivia
    6. Cows 9.0
    7. Super Star Trek
    8. Death
    9. Air Defence 3.8
    10. Moria/ST
    11. DDST (AD&D ST)
    12. Pirate Adventure
    13. Ghost Town Adventure
    14. Blackjack
    15. James Bond: World Domination
    16. Trivial Pursuit

PLEASE if you know of any BBS's that are up that are not listed, please let me know ASAP as we are adjusting the BBS list at telnet://rdfig.net (again "X" at the main menu for internet options, then "A" for Atari, then select the Atari BBS on the list. There are broken links, this will be all updated completely soon).

Also don't forget the Atari IRC chat starting at 8 pm CST. (I'll be a late arrival, but plan to be there eventually.) (telnet://irc.atarichat.net port 800 will take you there, otherwise irc.newnet.net #atari)

Doc Clu

FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail
    http://www.familynet-international.org

--- Synchronet 3.17a-Linux NewsLink 1.108