• Raptor New things

From Joe Delahaye@1:2320/100 to Rudi Timmermans on Wed Apr 1 16:27:34 2015
    Re: Raptor New things
    By: Rudi Timmermans to Joe Delahaye on Wed Apr 01 2015 16:38:36

As you know i'm working on a new version of Raptor, but the bad news is it only will run on a PassPort or a Classic becoss Raptor using now a lot more memory after i have added the new nodelist lookup function... I talk with the BlackBerry Firmware coders and there is nothing i can recode to get it work on a Z30...

I hope still i can find some way to fix this, i will not put this version out on the BB world till i found a fix for the meomry use...

You are my only Z30 user and i like that to mutch so that's why i keep funding a fix the rest or the guys that using Raptor have the lasted devices like a Classic or a Passport....

I keep you up to date...

Perhaps you can make the nodelist lookup, an option so that it will only install on devices with enough memory I cannot even purchase a Passport here. At least not from my provider <G> Perhaps special order, but the local store does not have any, and unless they change policy, will not get any. Only in the bigger cities. It is considered a business device I guess.
    --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
    # Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)
    * Origin: LiveWire BBS - Synchronet - LiveWireBBS.com (1:2320/100)
  • From Rudi Timmermans@1:2320/100 to Joe Delahaye on Wed Apr 1 16:38:38 2015
    Hi Joe,

As you know i'm working on a new version of Raptor, but the bad news is it
    only will run on a PassPort or a Classic becoss Raptor using now a lot more memory after i have added the new nodelist lookup function... I talk with the BlackBerry Firmware coders and there is nothing i can recode to get it work
    on a Z30...

I hope still i can find some way to fix this, i will not put this version out on the BB world till i found a fix for the meomry use...

You are my only Z30 user and i like that to mutch so that's why i keep
    funding a fix the rest or the guys that using Raptor have the lasted devices like a Classic or a Passport....

I keep you up to date...

---
    Best regards!
    Rudi Timmermans.

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 (Windows)
    # Origin: Raptor Development HQ (2:292/854.999)
  • From Shawn Highfield@1:2320/100 to Rudi Timmermans on Thu Apr 2 06:48:18 2015

Hello Rudi!

02 Apr 15 08:41, you wrote to Joe Delahaye:

Yes i will see what i can do about that, was thinking to try to make a option like that but the problem is that Raptor is become bigger and bigger to load up and there is the main problem, i'm look now to make
    it mutch smaller and that it takes less memory use, but this will take some time to test and see how it will go ...

Personally I don't see a use for nodelist lookup. The majority of the users are using it for Echomail IMO.

Shawn

... It is morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money.
    --- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20130111
    # Origin: Tiny's BBS - tinysbbs.com (1:229/452)
  • From Rudi Timmermans@1:2320/100 to Joe Delahaye on Thu Apr 2 08:41:20 2015
    Hi Joe,

Perhaps you can make the nodelist lookup, an option so that it will only install on devices with enough memory I cannot even purchase a Passport

Yes i will see what i can do about that, was thinking to try to make a option like that but the problem is that Raptor is become bigger and bigger to load
    up and there is the main problem, i'm look now to make it mutch smaller and that it takes less memory use, but this will take some time to test and see
    how it will go ...

---
    Best regards!
    Rudi Timmermans.

• From Joe Delahaye@1:2320/100 to Rudi Timmermans on Thu Apr 2 11:04:54 2015
    Re: Re: Raptor New things
    By: Rudi Timmermans to Joe Delahaye on Thu Apr 02 2015 08:41:19

Yes i will see what i can do about that, was thinking to try to make a option like that but the problem is that Raptor is become bigger and bigger to load up and there is the main problem, i'm look now to make it mutch smaller and that it takes less memory use, but this will take some time to test and see how it will go ...

OK, sounds good Rudi
    --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
  • From Joe Delahaye@1:2320/100 to Shawn Highfield on Thu Apr 2 11:06:14 2015
    Re: Raptor New things
    By: Shawn Highfield to Rudi Timmermans on Thu Apr 02 2015 06:48:16

Personally I don't see a use for nodelist lookup. The majority of the users are using it for Echomail IMO.

That is what I use it for as well. I did have it set at one time to listen for incoming requests. Not sure how to do that, as I am not certain what IP to send it to <G>
    --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
  • From Joe Delahaye@1:2320/100 to Rudi Timmermans on Thu Apr 2 13:57:28 2015
    Re: Re: Raptor New things
    By: Rudi Timmermans to Joe Delahaye on Thu Apr 02 2015 17:45:40

For incomming go to you system setting and then choice info and take there network there you see your IPV4 and IPV6 adress. Now go to your router and open a 24555 port on that IPV4 adress and your are running incomming on the device.

Keep in mint it dont toss incomming again memmory use it will toss incomming when you call out and have incomming on your hub then it will toss everything and you can read all your echomail and netmail ;)

I'll have a look, and thanks for the explanation.
    --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
  • From Rudi Timmermans@1:2320/100 to Shawn Highfield on Thu Apr 2 17:38:58 2015
    Hi Shawn,

I understand, well the mean of this is some other user of Raptor ask me this
    to add, becoss the dont know always the netmail node number.

I have about 17 users using Raptor now, the most dont use it for Echomail and the never write it the only using it for sending netmail. I only know the
    read echomail but never reply on it, here into the Raptor echo the same the other guys read my message but always reply on Netmail to me dont ask me why the do that ....

You need to understand tossen and packing stuff on a Smartphone is a big task for the device and memmory use, it's verry hard to code this and i'm happy
    that i have done it. But when i one add more stuff and that's the bad thing
    the app will be bigger and bigger and using more memmory becoss there is not hard disk into the device i dont have any other way (-:

My first try was to code a new string into the contact manager of BlackBerry himself that a user can add there the netmail node number, i have try this
    but it taks that amount of memmory out of the system that it's not stable anymore even on my Passport, my second try was the nodelist lookup i have
    found a way to compile it on a fast way to a verry small file that only can read Raptor after i compile a beta version for myself it worked but again
    using to mutch memmory i'm now try to recode the full lookup code to use the smalest memmory block and make first a code string to close all the
    background apps that are running i hope on that way i can fix the memmory
    using problem.

---
    Best regards!
    Rudi Timmermans.

• From Rudi Timmermans@1:2320/100 to Joe Delahaye on Thu Apr 2 17:45:42 2015
    Hi Joe,

listen for incoming requests. Not sure how to do that, as I am not certain what IP to send it to <G>

For incomming go to you system setting and then choice info and take there network there you see your IPV4 and IPV6 adress. Now go to your router and
    open a 24555 port on that IPV4 adress and your are running incomming on the device.

Keep in mint it dont toss incomming again memmory use it will toss incomming when you call out and have incomming on your hub then it will toss everything and you can read all your echomail and netmail ;)

---
    Best regards!
    Rudi Timmermans.

• From Shawn Highfield@1:2320/100 to Rudi Timmermans on Fri Apr 3 14:02:36 2015

Hello Rudi!

02 Apr 15 17:38, you wrote to me:

I have about 17 users using Raptor now, the most dont use it for
    Echomail and the never write it the only using it for sending netmail.

Then I stand corrected. I for the life of me can't figure out why
    one would do netmail this way, but again I'm in north america.

You need to understand tossen and packing stuff on a Smartphone is a
    big task for the device and memmory use, it's verry hard to code this

I totally understand.

running i hope on that way i can fix the memmory using problem.

Honestly Rudi... You go ahead and do what you feel the majority of the
    users want. I'm fine with un installing it when it no longer works on
    my old phone.

Possibly consider giving the APK file for side loading to those of us
    who don't want nodelist lookups and would rather the program ran as it does now?

Shawn

... You'll never walk alone with schizophrenia.
    --- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20130111
    # Origin: Tiny's BBS - tinysbbs.com (1:229/452)
  • From Rudi Timmermans@1:2320/100 to Shawn Highfield on Fri Apr 3 22:23:18 2015
    Hi Shawn,

Possibly consider giving the APK file for side loading to those of us who don't want nodelist lookups and would rather the program ran as it does now?

Good news i manage today with my testing on al the BB devices running 10 OS
    and the good news is it still working on old devices ;)

I have now make a new option into the settings menu You like to use the Nodelist Lookup. When a user set this ON then Raptor will check the device info, it the device has not the amount memmory it has to be even the function is ON Raptor will not enable it. or run it.

About the .APK this has changed after v12.1 i dont compile it on that way anymore it's now a .BAR file and it dont use slide anymore in any way..

I mean i can not compile it anymore for slide it just will not work anymore that way.

But i'm still testing and try to make the code better and better... I keep
    you up to date here ;)

Also this users has pay for it so it's my job to help them in anyway i can
    make it.

---
    Best regards!
    Rudi Timmermans.