• Mystery Science 3000 Returns!

From Mike Miller@1:2320/100 to All on Sun Apr 9 23:52:43 2017
    This echo seemed as good as any other place to throw this...

After a 17 year hiatus, Mystery Science Theater 3000 is back.

I had the opportunity to view the first episode today (It is officially released on Netflix on Friday, April 14), and I was not disappointed. The cracks, the wit, everything is still there, and it
    comes flying at you even faster than it did in the 90's.

The new mads are Felicia Day as Kinga Forrester (Daughter of Dr. Clayton Forrester, and grandaughter of Pearl Forrester from previous seasons), and Patton Oswalt as TV's son of TV's Frank.

Jonah Ray does an excelent job stepping into the shoes of both Joel and Mike as

the Experimentee, and Baron Vaughn and Hampton Yount do great work as Tom Servo

and Crow respectively.

The riffing style is a lot faster than the old MST3K, and sometimes the jokes are hard to catch, which means repeat viewings may be just as entertaining as the first time around as you catch new
    things.

The vibe I got from just the first episode (which was available to certain people who pitched in on Kickstarter a couple years back), is that the series will be similar to the original run with Joel
    rather than the later stuff with Mike that aired on Comedy Central and eventually the Sci-Fi channel.

If you ever watched the original MST3K, you should definitely check the revival

out. It will be available to stream in its entirety on Netflix starting April 14.

Mike

... Become a programmer and never see the world!
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20161221
    # Origin: War Ensemble - warensemble.com - Appleton, WI (1:154/30)
    * Origin: LiveWire BBS - Synchronet - LiveWireBBS.com (1:2320/100)