• From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to All on Fri Apr 26 09:38:17 2024
    I last pulled and compiled 3.20 in February. Today, when doing so based on a recommendation about some silly upside-down ! display error, I got the following error:

git -C /sbbs/repo pull
    [...]
    hint: You have divergent branches and need to specify how to reconcile them. hint: You can do so by running one of the following commands sometime before hint: your next pull:
    hint:
    hint: git config pull.rebase false # merge
    hint: git config pull.rebase true # rebase
    hint: git config pull.ff only # fast-forward only
    hint:
    hint: You can replace "git config" with "git config --global" to set a default hint: preference for all repositories. You can also pass --rebase, --no-rebase, hint: or --ff-only on the command line to override the configured default per hint: invocation.
    fatal: Need to specify how to reconcile divergent branches.

Needless to say I have no idea what to do here. I am guessing something changed on the site since February.

Thanks.
    $$
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Dumas Walker on Fri Apr 26 09:38:23 2024
    Re:
    By: Dumas Walker to All on Fri Apr 26 2024 09:38 am

Needless to say I have no idea what to do here. I am guessing something changed on the site since February.

Yes, large source file was purged from the git history, as I posted about in the Synchronet Announcements sub.

For recovery, see https://wiki.synchro.net/howto:git#reset
    --
    digital man (rob)

Steven Wright quote #32:
    The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it. Norco, CA WX: 54.7øF, 78.0% humidity, 1 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to DIGITAL MAN on Sat Apr 27 10:07:00 2024
    Yes, large source file was purged from the git history, as I posted about in t
    Synchronet Announcements sub.

For recovery, see https://wiki.synchro.net/howto:git#reset

Thanks.

FYI, when you get a chance, on the page where it tells you that you might
    need to update text.dat after doing a git, it would be nice to have a wget example there to make it easy to copy and pull it.

* SLMR 2.1a * Thesaurus: prehistoric reptile with a great vocabulary.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP